Do not fear mistakes. There are none.— Miles Davis
Eric is a professional problem-solver. He sees opportunities when others just see challenges. He listens, helps clients think big about what’s possible, gets creative and drives a path to achieve impact.
Eric is a strategist, facilitator and writer who has helped state and federal agencies, nonprofits, foundations and socially responsible businesses hone their visions and achieve their goals. He joined MG in 2008. Much of his work is with groups focused on environment and sustainability, as well as the arts, culture and creative expression sector.
His areas of expertise include:
- Crafting brand platforms and message frames
- Creating communication and engagement plans
- Building capacity and delivering technical assistance
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative research
- Designing and facilitating workshops, discussion groups and trainings
- Developing strategic plans
- Drafting resource development plans and case statements
Prior to joining MG, Eric spent seven years with Mercy Corps as a communication officer. He served as spokesperson and secured earned media coverage, wrote and edited stories for the website and marketing materials, traveled to emergency response efforts that included post-earthquake Pakistan and New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina, coordinated community outreach and engagement, and supported fundraising efforts.
Eric received his Bachelors of Arts in Journalism from University of Minnesota.
Eric is a guitarist whose rock bands have performed across the U.S. and are on all the major music streaming services. He enjoys home recording, microbrews, traveling and Trail Blazers basketball. He saw Prince perform at Paisley Park more than once.