Social Change Internship
Are you looking to join a group of change agents working to understand and advance ways of creating a society where everyone thrives? Metropolitan Group is looking for a social change intern, based in Portland, Oregon, or Washington, D.C., who is passionately committed to creating a more just and sustainable world through work at the intersection of social justice, public health and the environment.
Position Summary: Social Change Intern
Our internship program provides the opportunity to gain experience working with a variety of teams and projects in an agency setting. This program offers interns the ability to work alongside a multitude of teams, including client project teams, new business development, human resources, finance, digital and the design team at MG. We will work with selected interns to develop a meaningful work opportunity that aligns to the interests and experience of each candidate.
(Including, But Not Limited to the Following)
- Assisting with analyzing data and information to synthesize findings and develop recommendations; drafting research reports
- Providing project assistance, including but not limited to research, writing (reports, letters, research analysis, proofing, etc.), work plan development, scheduling, coordination, on-site event coordination, note taking, dictation/transcribing and word processing
- Conducting research, including sourcing information, market assessments, developing and implementing online surveys (e.g., Survey Monkey), supporting qualitative focus groups
- Sending and receiving correspondence and special delivery materials
- Assisting with maintenance of database including archiving and contact updates
- Serving as a member of a creative team providing ideas, input and implementation
- Researching and reporting new initiatives, prospects and partnerships
- Providing assistance with miscellaneous projects, creative brainstorming, internal projects and other duties necessary for the success of the organization
- Conducting social media and digital landscape assessments
- Researching visual inspiration and collecting supporting images for design-related projects
- Sourcing stock photography that meets the strategic need of various design projects
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Upbeat, creative and professional demeanor.
- Experience using MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and customer relationship management systems, etc.
- Mac experience and competency preferred.
- Team player who excels at team-oriented problem-solving.
- Provide top-notch work quality and service to prospects and co-workers.
- Demonstrate an excellent work ethic.
- Work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Support and embody the organization’s values, goals and operating principles.
- Must be authorized to accept employment in the United States.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Eight-hour professional day/40 hours per week. Occasional early mornings or later evenings for special events, if necessary.
- Employer-paid medical/vision insurance on the first of the month following employment.
- Dental insurance paid at 50 percent by employer on the first of the month following employment.
- Life and long-term disability insurance plans available on the first of the month following employment.
- MG paid holidays off: New Year’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas and a personal holiday of choice.
- Transportation and cell phone allowance paid by employer.
- Reimbursement for work-related expenses (mileage at IRS rate).
Other items of note
Office Location/COVID-19 Notice:
All employees are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A reopen date for offices has not been announced at this time. We continue to monitor guidance provided by local/state/federal health authorities. While folks will still be remote until that time, for payroll tax purposes, applicants need to reside in Oregon, or in the DMV area.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants can apply by visiting here. All applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and a response to our short answer assignment. Directions for our short answer assignment can be found here.
The window to apply opens March 15, 2021 at 9:00am PST and closes on March 31, 2021 at 5:00pm PST.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Metropolitan Group, we know that diverse backgrounds, experiences and cultures strengthen our work and our workplace. We strive to create a multicultural workplace through greater recognition, understanding and appreciation of a broad range of differences among individuals and groups within society, and to incorporate a multicultural perspective in our work. We encourage all applicants, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability or other social identity.