Are you looking to join a group of change agents working to understand and advance ways of creating a society where everyone thrives? Metropolitan Group is looking for a senior associate, based in Portland, Oregon, or Washington, D.C., in our New Business Development team who is passionately committed to creating a more just and sustainable world through work at the intersection of social justice, public health and the environment.
Position Summary: Senior Associate for New Business Development
Working out of our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, or in our Washington, D.C., office, the New Business Development senior associate will support MG’s new business development efforts across our client focus areas by coordinating and managing proposal processes; working with our team to prepare for pitching to prospective clients, conducting prospect research and supporting agency marketing initiatives. Ideal candidate has a background in development and/or marketing/strategic communications.
- Serve as part of the team responsible for bringing in new clients and opportunities; following up with inquiries, referral opportunities and identified leads; growing existing clients; and ensuring that the agency maintains its leading position in key focus and practice areas.
- Support MG marketing services, email marketing, MG branding materials, case studies and company qualifications, social and website content creation.
- Support MG proposal process: Manage proposal responses, pitch meetings and preparation, budget creation, internal proposal meetings, etc.
(Including, But Not Limited to the Following)
- Support new business development leadership in day-to-day tasks, duties and responsibilities—maintaining prospect data, preparing for marketing meetings, pulling work examples and customizing materials as needed.
- Support proactive new business development (prospect research, list development, data entry, proactive outreach campaigns).
- Manage agency’s customer relationship management system (CRM) and other business development systems (Deltek WorkBook, Mailchimp, Highrise).
- Provide positioning support and coordination for conferences, events, road shows and other programs.
- Serve as website editor and manage content updates.
- Manage all MG social channels including content creation and editorial calendar, and work with a broader team including the MG digital team to create and launch posts.
- Write/draft business development and internal communication materials (marketing copy, reports, memos, proposals and other materials).
- Make select presentations to prospects, associations and conferences.
- At least four years of relevant experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to travel if/as needed
- Must be authorized to accept employment in the U.S.
- Strong experience with Mac operating systems, Google suite and WordPress CMS
- Experience with federal government contracting and budgeting. (Or interest in learning!)
- Experience in social media community management
- Foundation grant writing experience
- Creative agency experience
- Experience in social justice, public health and/or environment and sustainability
- Bi-lingual or fluency in other language(s).
- Provide high quality, professional work.
- Serve as a member of the MG team, providing ideas and input on strategic and creative challenges, assisting with project implementation, supporting internal projects and fulfilling other duties necessary for the success of the organization.
- Have an upbeat, creative and professional demeanor.
- Be a team player and excel at team-oriented problem-solving.
- Demonstrate an excellent work ethic.
- Work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Support and embody the organization’s values, goals and operating principles.
- Professional hours of 40-45 hours per week, as well as any additional time necessary depending on client deadlines and internal projects.
This position is a full-time exempt position. The starting base salary for this position is $55,000 per year, and is negotiable depending on experience and commensurate with company compensation structure
- Bonus program: All employees are eligible for bonuses based on individual and company performance.
- Profit share program: MG distributes 20% of profits to employees based on an allocation formula.
- Employer-paid medical/vision insurance on the first of the month following employment.
- Dental insurance paid at 50% by employer on the first of the month following employment.
- Employer-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance plans available on the first of the month following employment.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Monthly transportation and cell phone allowance.
- Charitable contribution match of up to $100 per year.
- Professional development program.
- Ten paid vacation days per year after first 90 days of employment, plus one additional day accrued for each year of employment (up to a total of 15 additional vacation days); one spiritual holiday of your choice.
- Five days of wellness leave available per year, accruable up to 20 days.
- One month (30 days) paid sabbatical eligibility after each seven years of continuous employment.
- MG paid holidays off: New Year’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- MG to reimburse for work-related expenses (mileage at IRS rate).
- 401(k)-retirement plan: You are eligible to participate in this program on the first calendar quarter after six months of full-time employment. As a participant, you may make tax-deferred contributions up to the maximum allowable amount into the plan. MG will make an annual contribution equal to 3% of your compensation while you are a participant in the plan.
Other items of note
After a 90-day trial period: annual formal review, periodic/informal reviews and “check-ins” as needed or requested by either party.
Professional office attire. All employees are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A reopen date for offices has not been announced at this time. We continue to monitor guidance provided by local/state/federal health authorities.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Metropolitan Group, we know that diverse backgrounds, experiences and cultures strengthen our work and our workplace. We strive to create a multicultural workplace through greater recognition, understanding and appreciation of a broad range of differences among individuals and groups within society, and to incorporate a multicultural perspective in our work. We encourage all applicants, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability or other social identity.
Send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples (examples include but are not limited to: case studies, proposals, social media post(s), articles, website content, etc.) to email@example.com. Search will remain open until the position is filled.