PDX Office Manager
Are you looking to join a group of change agents working to understand and advance ways of creating a society where everyone thrives? Metropolitan Group is looking for an office manager, based in Portland, Oregon, who is passionately committed to creating a more just and sustainable world through work at the intersection of social justice, public health and the environment.
The Office Manager plays a key role at MG supporting the operations of our Portland headquarters, convening space and providing light IT assistance as needed. Due to the nature of this role, this position is required to be on-site in our downtown Portland office.
We seek candidates experienced in handling a wide range of office management-related tasks and who are well organized, flexible, proactive and enjoy creative problem solving. Equally important are critical thinking, sound judgment, strong written and verbal communication skills, decision-making ability and attention to detail.
General Responsibilities Include
But Are Not Limited To:
- Manages relationships (on-site and off-site) with building management and staff, plus vendors (cleaning service, plants, etc.), coordinating deliveries, mail and other daily office needs.
- Ensures overall professional and engaging appearance and cleanliness of the Portland office.
- Assists with the technical aspects of setting up conference rooms for meetings, events including AV, desk moves, etc.
- Coordinates events and hosted use of conference and convening space, including engagement with outside organizations being hosted by MG, coordination of on-site event logistics and convening support needs.
- Handles catering, adhering to MG’s Healthy Meetings Guidelines, local vendors guidelines and environmentally sound practices, and handles logistics for internal and external meetings.
- Tracks and maintains supplies for kitchen pantry, conference rooms and office supplies, ensuring supply of materials are on hand at
- Coordinates weekly mailing to other offices to include correspondence, expense reports and greeting cards.
- Supports technology (computers, printer/scanner/fax, Wi-Fi and video equipment) and flags IT as needed.
- Other duties necessary for the success of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders including staff, external clients and prospects, and organizations hosted in our convening space.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with others in multiple time zones (domestic and international).
- Ability to manage projects from inception to completion with minimal oversight.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Knowledge of Google Suite, MS Office Suite, various digital meeting platforms and AV technologies, and various CRM and database management tools.
- Apple/Mac experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Interest in and commitment to social justice is preferred.
- Experience working with diverse communities and teams.
- Bilingual or fluency in other language(s) is preferred.
- Must be authorized to accept employment in the United States.
We encourage all applicants, irrespective of gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability or other identities. We encourage candidates with less traditional backgrounds and experiences to apply—even if they don’t believe they meet every requirement outlined above. We are looking for the person who can do the job and thrive in it and want to know about your strengths and experiences.
- Provide high quality, professional consulting services and expertise to clients.
- Have upbeat, creative and professional demeanor.
- Be a team player and excel at team-oriented problem solving.
- Demonstrate an excellent work ethic.
- Contribute positively to the psychological safety of an intercultural environment.
- Support and embody the organization’s values, goals and operating principles.
This is a full-time exempt position. The starting base salary is $50,000 per year depending on experience, and commensurate with company compensation structure.
- All employees are eligible for bonuses based on individual and company performance.
- MG has a profit share program and distributes 20 percent of profits to employees based on an allocation formula.
- Employer-paid medical/vision insurance on the first of the month following employment start date.
- Dental insurance paid at 50 percent by employer on the first of the month following employment start date.
- Employer-paid life, short- and long-term disability insurance plans available on the first of the month following employment start date.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Fifteen paid vacation days per year after the first 90 days of employment, plus one additional day accrued for each year of employment (up to a total of 20 vacation days).
- Ten days of wellness leave available per year, accruable up to 20 days.
- One month (30 days) paid sabbatical eligibility after each seven years of continuous employment.
- MG paid holidays include New Year’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and a personal holiday of choice.
- Our 401(k) retirement plan is available to employees in the first calendar quarter after six months of full-time employment. As a participant, you may make tax-deferred contributions into the plan up to the maximum allowable amount. MG will make an annual contribution equal to 3 percent of your compensation while you are a participant in the plan.
- Monthly transportation and cell phone allowance.
- Charitable contribution match of up to $100 per year.
- Professional development program.
- MG to reimburse for work-related expenses (mileage at IRS rate).
Other Items of Note
Professional hours of 40 – 45 hours per week, as well as any additional time necessary depending on client deadlines and internal projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Metropolitan Group, we know that diverse backgrounds, experiences and cultures strengthen our work and our workplace. We strive to create an intercultural workplace through greater recognition, understanding and appreciation of a broad range of differences among individuals and groups within society, and to incorporate an intercultural perspective in our work.