vice president of digital strategy
Shakirah Hill Taylor
I am large, I contain multitudes.— Walt Whitman
Shakirah is passionate about engaging multicultural audiences, education, sustainability and health equity through creative digital strategies.
Shakirah is a thought leader in social impact and digital marketing. Her main focus is helping organizations—public, private and nonprofit sectors—identify and reach intended audiences to create positive, impactful and sustainable change.
She brings extensive expertise in digital strategy, online advocacy building, social impact and client services to achieve those goals. Her creative and strategic thinking allows her to build initiatives that move the needle toward impactful social change.
- Adjunct faculty, Georgetown University
- Strategy lead, U.S. Olympic Committee, digital campaign for 2016 Rio Olympic Games
- Strategic oversight, NAACP, campaign to restore the Voting Rights Act of 1965
- Campaign lead, Communication Workers of America, UNCF and Nestle
- Director of digital strategy, Communities In Schools
- Account director, Blue State Digital
- Account supervisor, Environics Communications
Shakirah has a Graduate certificate in Strategy and Leadership from New York University, a Master of Arts in Integrated Marketing from Georgetown University, and a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Art History from the University of Maryland College Park.
- Gold ADDY Award, Communities In Schools and Funny or Die campaign, 2018
- Finalist, Washington Women in PR Emerging Leader Awards, 2018
- Board Member, ColorVision
Shakirah is an avid runner who has completed three marathons and four half-marathons; a writer who published her first book in 2019; a cook who loves spending time with family, friends and being surrounded by community; and a devoted wife to her husband Matthew.
When Shakirah is not working on to help clients build digital strategy campaigns, she is supporting birthers through her work as a labor and birth education doula.