Are you looking to join a group of change agents working to understand and advance ways of creating a society where everyone thrives? Metropolitan Group is looking for an executive assistant, based in Washington, D.C., who is passionately committed to creating a more just and sustainable world through work at the intersection of social justice, public health and the environment.
The executive assistant plays a key role at MG, providing high-level support to members of our executive team with all business, project, client, volunteer, personnel and administrative needs.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of executive support tasks in a fast-paced environment. They must be exceedingly well organized, flexible, proactive and enjoy creative problem-solving. Critical thinking; sound judgment; an expert level of written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
The ability to interact with staff and clients (at all levels) in a high-energy environment, remaining proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Proven experience managing complicated scheduling and travel coordination (national and international) for busy executives is required.
General Responsibilities Include
But Are Not Limited To:
- Proactively takes ownership of executive calendars, identifying priorities, making critical decisions regarding scheduling as priorities shift, and managing changes that impact complex schedules
- Meeting scheduling and proactive tracking of priorities and schedule changes
- Interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings
- Reviewing calendars in advance to determine which meetings/ appointments need preparation/materials
- Domestic and international travel management
- Expense report management
- Business development support, including research and creation of background documents/briefs
- Project coordination on selected small client accounts, including managing work plans and team coordination
- Five-plus years’ experience supporting busy executives with intensive scheduling and travel planning, preferably in a national or multinational organization.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, calendar and time management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external clients and prospects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in multiple time zones (domestic and international).
- Ability to manage projects from inception to completion with minimal oversight.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite, MS Office Suite, and various CRM and database management tools.
- Apple/Mac experience.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in or commitment to social justice is preferred.
- Experience working with diverse communities is preferred.
- Bilingual or fluency in other language(s) is strongly preferred but not required.
- Must be authorized to accept employment in the United States.
We encourage all applicants, irrespective of gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability or other identities. We encourage candidates with less traditional backgrounds and experiences to apply—even if you don’t believe you meet every requirement outlined above.
- Provide high-quality, professional consulting services and expertise to clients, while leveraging the talents of the team.
- Be a team player and excel at team-oriented problem solving.
- Demonstrate an excellent work ethic.
- Contribute positively to the psychological safety of an intercultural environment.
- Support and embody MG values, goals and operating principles.
- Have an upbeat, creative and professional demeanor.
This is a full-time exempt position. The starting base salary is $50,000 per year depending on experience and commensurate with company compensation structure.
- All employees are eligible for bonuses based on individual and company performance.
- MG has a profit share program and distributes 20 percent of profits to employees based on an allocation formula.
- Employer-paid medical/vision insurance on the first of the month following employment start date.
- Dental insurance paid at 50 percent by employer on the first of the month following employment start date.
- Employer-paid life, short- and long-term disability insurance plans available on the first of the month following employment start date.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Fifteen paid vacation days per year after the first 90 days of employment, plus one additional day accrued for each year of employment (up to a total of 20 vacation days).
- Ten days of wellness leave available per year, accruable up to 20 days.
- One month (30 days) paid sabbatical eligibility after each seven years of continuous employment.
- MG paid holidays include New Year’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and a personal holiday of choice.
- Our 401(k) retirement plan is available to employees in the first calendar quarter after six months of full-time employment. As a participant, you may make tax-deferred contributions into the plan up to the maximum allowable amount. MG will make an annual contribution equal to 3 percent of your compensation while you are a participant in the plan.
- Monthly transportation and cell phone allowance.
- Charitable contribution match of up to $100 per year.
- Professional development program.
- MG to reimburse for work-related expenses (mileage at IRS rate).
Other Items of Note
Professional hours of 40 – 45 hours per week, as well as any additional time necessary depending on client deadlines and internal projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Metropolitan Group, we know that diverse backgrounds, experiences and cultures strengthen our work and our workplace. We strive to create an intercultural workplace through greater recognition, understanding and appreciation of a broad range of differences among individuals and groups within society, and to incorporate an intercultural perspective in our work.
Send a cover letter and resume to JoinTheTeam@metgroup.com. Anticipated hire date will be in May 2022.