Are you looking to join a group of change agents working to understand and advance ways of creating a society where everyone thrives? Metropolitan Group is looking for a digital director, based in Portland, Oregon, or Washington, D.C., who is passionately committed to creating a more just and sustainable world through work at the intersection of social justice, public health and the environment.
Position Summary: Digital Director
The Director working out of our Portland, Oregon, or Washington D.C., office will work on the digital team and in collaboration with members of the MG/ISMG team across the enterprise on a variety of client accounts in the areas of environment and sustainability, public health and social justice. Ideal candidates are comfortable in a collaborative, mission and impact focused billable environment. They are detail- oriented, have strong technical, writing and research skills, and thrive when working on and balancing multiple projects at one time.
Including, But Not Limited to the Following:
- Developing content strategies that align with clients’ broader strategy communication goals and advance clients’ digital KPIs.
- Providing account management with a focus on omnichannel digital campaign development and activation; and online community management.
- Copywriting for websites, social media, email marketing and other digital platforms.
- Partnering with digital advertising partners to lead cross-channel paid advertising campaigns.
- Conducting research, including online scans of website, social media and media coverage; quantitative research through polls, surveys, etc.; and qualitative research through interviews, focus groups, listening sessions, etc.
- Analyzing data and metrics to synthesize findings and develop recommendations and data analytics reports across social media, websites, email and text campaigns.
- Offering recommendations on U/X and U/I for website development projects.
- Supporting teams working on the design, implementation and evaluation of the full range of strategic communication, organizational development and intercultural engagement strategies for nonprofit, corporate, foundation and government clients.
- Contributing to client projects through writing, research, media relations and social media, as well as other areas of experience you bring.
- Supporting project management on selected accounts, including managing budgets, workplans, client updates, and team coordination and communication.
- Serving as a member of the MG team, providing ideas and
input on strategic and creative challenges, assisting with project implementation, supporting internal projects and fulfilling other duties necessary for the success of the organization.
- Education and/or experience in an area relevant to our work (public relations, marketing, digital, public health, environmental sciences, etc.).
- Minimum of 5–6 years of experience in a communication agency or an internal communication position.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience with website content management systems, such as Drupal, WordPress Engine and SquareSpace.
- Experience with social listening tools, such as Keyhole, Radian6 and data analytics platforms, like Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices and software.
- Proven track record of leading and evaluating large-scale digital campaigns.
- Demonstrated public relations or strategic communication experience.
- Demonstrated interest in social justice and racial equity.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be authorized to accept employment in the U.S.
- Bi-lingual or fluent in other language(s).
- Experience working with diverse communities.
- Provide high quality, professional consulting services and expertise to clients.
- Have upbeat, creative and professional demeanor.
- Be a team player and excel at team-oriented problem solving.
- Demonstrate an excellent work ethic.
- Contribute positively to the psychological safety of an intercultural environment.
- Support and embody the organization’s values, goals and operating principles.
The Digital Director is a full-time exempt position. The starting base salary for this position is $68,000 per year, and is negotiable depending on experience and commensurate with company compensation structure.
- All employees are eligible for bonuses based on individual and company performance.
- MG has a profit share program and distributes 20 percent of profits to employees based on an allocation formula.
- Employer-paid medical/vision insurance on the first of the month following employment start date.
- Dental insurance paid at 50 percent by employer on the first of the month following employment start date.
- Employer-paid life, short- and long-term disability insurance plans available on the first of the month following employment start date.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Fifteen paid vacation days per year after the first 90 days of employment, plus one additional day accrued for each year of employment (up to a total of 20 additional vacation days).
- Ten days of wellness leave available per year, accruable up to 20 days.
- One month (30 days) paid sabbatical eligibility after each seven years of continuous employment.
- MG paid holidays include New Year’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and a personal holiday of choice.
- Our 401 (k) retirement plan is available to employees in the first calendar quarter after six months of full- time employment. As a participant, you may make tax-deferred contributions into the plan up to the maximum allowable amount. MG will make an annual contribution equal to 3 percent of your compensation while you are a participant in the plan.
- Monthly transportation and cell phone allowance.
- Charitable contribution match of up to $100 per year.
- Professional development program.
- MG to reimburse for work related expenses (mileage at IRS rate).
Other items of note
Professional hours of 40–45 hours per week, as well as any additional time necessary depending on client deadlines and internal projects.
90-day review; 360 review after the first year of employment and then every three years; annual plan in non-360 review years includes self- evaluation and supervisor evaluation. Periodic/informal reviews and “check ins” as needed or requested by either party.
COVID 19 Update
All employees are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A reopen date for offices has not been announced at this time. We continue to monitor guidance provided by local/state/federal health authorities (our earliest re-open date will be after July 1). We are also currently restricting work travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Metropolitan Group, we know that diverse backgrounds, experiences and cultures strengthen our work and our workplace. We strive to create an intercultural workplace through greater recognition, understanding and appreciation of a broad range of differences among individuals and groups within society, and to incorporate an intercultural perspective in our work. We encourage all applicants, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, or other identity.