The B Corp movement is growing. In October 2015, more than 1,000 people from around the world converged in Portland, OR for B Inspired, a celebration of People Using Business as a Force for Good.
B Inspired brings together 200+ Certified B Corporations, and attendees from 27 states and 14 countries to share food, drink, music and ideas.
B Corps have one unifying goal: to redefine success so one day all businesses compete to better the world, not just increase profits.
“We chose to hold our inaugural, all-out B Inspired festival here in Portland because it’s a city leading the world in what it means to be a business for good,” said Jay Coen Gilbert, one of the B Lab co-founders. “The numbers tell it all: Portland has the second highest concentration of B Corps in all U.S. cities – only surpassed by San Francisco.”
MG’s own Eric Friedenwald-Fishman emceed the B Inspired event, a Ted Talk-esque gathering of leaders in the B Corp movement including:
- Perry Chen, Founder, Kickstarter
- Wendy Collie, CEO, New Seasons Markets
- Rhys Powell, President & Founder, Red Rabbit
- Charmian Love, Co-Founder, Volans
- Kevin Trapani, President & CEO, The Redwoods Group
- Adria Powell, Executive Vice President, Cooperative Home Care Associates
- David Griswold, President & Founder, Sustainable Harvest
- Maya Rockeymoore, President & Founder, Global Policy Solutions