Founded in 1989, MG has built a successful business fueled by a clear vision and mission of social change, and sustained by a commitment to outstanding creative and strategic products.
At Metropolitan Group, we do two things. We directly impact social change and build the capacity of organizations that drive social change. We are a social impact company committed to delivering change, quality work for clients , to being a great place to work, and to walking our talk.
Metropolitan Group crafts strategic and creative services that empower social purpose organizations to build a just and sustainable world.
Download our Change Agent Manifesto Posters.
The Power of Voice
Voice is a critical catalyst for social change.
Who has the power of voice and who does not often determines:
- Who has access to decent housing, fair wages, safe food, clean water, and quality health care
- Who is safe, and who feels safe and able to express their views
- Who has the resources to advocate for their beliefs and rights
- Who has their perspective accurately portrayed in mainstream media
- Who votes, who influences and makes policy
- Who has the ability to make change within organizations and communities
These and many other manifestations of the power of voice all impact the quality of life and the culture and health of communities around the globe.
Social purpose organizations have an incredible opportunity to leverage the power of voice. In partnership with their constituents, they put issues on the table, support and empower individuals and communities, advance causes, educate the public, and influence policymakers. By unleashing the power of voice, leaders, advocates, and activists drive social change and advance their community’s vision.
Metropolitan Group envisions a world where the power of voice is used effectively by those who seek to build vibrant and equitable communities, ensure widespread health and safety, celebrate and support the humanities and living cultures, and preserve and nurture a sense of place and a healthy planet for future generations.
We work every day to amplify these voices.
We work to ensure that the strategies, resources, infrastructure, and tools that help build a more just and sustainable society are accessible to the change agents of the world.
We believe in the power of voice to change attitudes, change behaviors, and change policy.
We believe that the power of voice changes lives, and ultimately, that it can change the world.
Metropolitan Group fundamentally believes in and is committed to equal opportunity for work, challenge, and advancement, regardless of age, gender, gender identity/expression, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental ability, or family status.
We believe in the power of creativity, the talent of the individual and the strength of teamwork in working toward a common goal.
We seek opportunity in:
- Challenging, while supporting, the individual
- Proactively questioning and addressing social and political issues
- Establishing ethical and creative business relationships that are of mutual benefit to our clients, the community, and to Metropolitan Group
- Contributing to community through honest business dealings, charitable giving of time and money, and supporting just and civil causes
- Acting on our commitment to leadership, creativity, honesty, fairness, peaceful conflict resolution, environmental sustainability, global understanding, educational opportunity, and the realization of human potential.
These are the values upon which we stand in working for a stronger community.
At Metropolitan Group, we know that diverse backgrounds, experiences, and cultures strengthen our work and our workplace. We strive to create a more multicultural workplace through greater recognition, understanding, and appreciation of a broad range of differences among individuals and groups within society and to incorporate a multicultural perspective in our work.
Download our 2017 Multicultural Workplace Report.
Download our 2016 Multicultural Workplace Report.
At Metropolitan Group, we deeply value our relationships with our staff, clients, community partners, and colleagues in the issue areas in which we work. Each year on our anniversary (February 14th), we share an annual letter to stakeholders that reports on our progress, team, and highlights from a few of our clients.
View our 2016 stakeholder report.
View our 2015 stakeholder report.
We are proud to be a certified B Corporation. We voluntarily meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We are independently re-certified every two years. We are honored to volunteer as part of a movement working to pass Benefit Company legislation to encourage other businesses to meet the certification standards and to shift expectations for all businesses to operate in a more responsible manner.
We are a GSA contract holder (GS-07F-0224x), pre-approved for federal work. This designation demonstrates reliability, capacity, and quality delivery for development and execution of marketing, advertising, and a range of strategic communication services.
Download our GSA contract information and public sector capabilities statement.
- B Lab 2014 B Corp Best for the World honoree
- B Lab 2014 Collective Action Award
- Women of Influence Executive of the Year 2014 (small/medium size business category), Laura K. Lee Dellinger
- 2014 AWWWARDS nominee for excellence in digital design, creativity, user experience and online content (metgroup.com)
- B Lab 2013 Collective Action Award
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), 2013 Silver Anvil Award of Excellence: Multicultural Public Relations, Salir Adelante: Promoting Good Mental Health for Every Latino in San Diego
- Benefit Company’s Movement 2013 MVP, Eric Friedenwald-Fishman
- Equity Foundation, Small Business Equity Award
- Basic Rights Oregon, Hero Award: 10 years of fighting for equality, Laura K. Lee Dellinger
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), Silver Anvil Award of Excellence: Multicultural Public Relations, You Know Different Campaign, National Youth Advocacy Coalition
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), Silver Anvil Award, King County Library System
- Northwest Business for Culture and the Arts, Exemplary Business Volunteer for the Arts, Eric Friedenwald-Fishman